The NuFoundLife Centre, a community service of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Marystown, has the privilege this year to serve as the Drop-off Centre for Operation Christmas Child in the Burin Peninsula. We will do our best to continue with the long-established tradition that Mrs. Linda Schockley and her volunteers at the Salvation Army - Marystown Faith & Hope Corps, laid out for us over their years of selfless service.
Last year, we were blessed by the service of Calvary Pentecostal in Marystown; we are thankful for their contribution. I am thankful to the members of the Burin North Ministerial for their trust, in particular, Pastor Jamie Warren who extended a personal invitation to me to take on this project. I am also grateful to Mr. Darren Murray from Samaritan's Purse for providing resources to get this operation of the ground this year. We are endebted to Emberley Transport in Marystown for offering free shipping service from Marystown to Elim Pentecostal Church in St. John's.
Opportunity for Community Service
We pray that the Lord will guide us in creating a team of volunteers to get the job done in the next few weeks. If you would like to volunteer to assist with Operation Christmas Child, feel free to call us. Thousands of children across the world will be blessed through the generosity of those who give. Just as our Creator gave His One and Only Son to redeem us for our sinful condition, we as Christians follow in His footsteps to give freely to our neighbors in need.
HERE IS THE INFORMATION YOU NEED FOR 2017
1. HOW TO ORDER MATERIAL. It is the responsibility of all participating organizations to order their own supplies directly from the the Samaritan's Purse website. Samaritan's Purse will also provide the NuFoundLife Centre with boxes. A shipment of 200 boxes will arrive around October 17. A second shipment is expected to arrive October 23. Call us or send us email if you would like to reserve a certain quantity of boxes for your organization.
2. HOW TO PACK A SHOEBOX. Many of you have already participated with this endeavor in the past. For those of you who may have any questions, here are the instructions. Note that this year, there is a minimum donation of $10.00 to help cover the project costs, including shipping.
3. WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE SHOEBOX. If you are at a loss for ideas to send to a child. Here are some suggestions.
4. PACK A SHOEBOX ONLINE. Some of you may not want to deal with a physical shoebox, well, you may still send a child gifts through Samaritan's Purse Online Order.
5. 2017 CANADIAN SHOEBOX DESTINATIONS AND BOX LABELS. Here is the link to the PDF document.
6. DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS. We suggest that the deadline for your organizations be Sunday, November 5.
7. DROP_OFF CENTRE COLLECTION DEADLINE. The Burin Peninsula Drop-Off Deadline is; Monday, December 6, 2017.
8. LOCATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION. Seventh-day Adventist Church, NuFoundLife Centre, 785 Ville Marie Drive, Creston North, NL. See map.
9. FOR DAILY UPDATES. Visit the NuFoundLife Centre Facebook page.
We hope this information will be of service to you. If your organization would like to participate this year, feel free to conact us immediately.
Church Calendar |
Bible Study |